Saturday, June 14, 2008

Tiberias,LDS Chaple, Nazareth Village





Day 10 Monday June 2 of our trip Today our journey will take us through Cana the famous site of Jesus miracle of turning the water into wine.
Today we well visit the Tiberias LDS Branch building it was a previously built home that the church has remodeled The only building plus land that the church owns.The small Nazareth Village which is a beautiful setting, to see the village life of Nazareth when Christ lived here. It is a place where people learn to live like Jesus did. They make there only olive oil and and harvest wheat by pulling a board that has sharp rock attached to it and pulling it across the grain. They raise there own sheep and then cut the wool and then weave it and then make there on cloths. And grow Olive tree and press the Olive oil for there own use.

4 comments:

Dallyn Jones said...

WOW, that is SO awesome. I always tell Curtis I would like to be Amish, but have LDS beliefs. haha. that way we wouldnt have to worry about money and clothes any more. what language do they speak? cause I think I am going to move there!

Vanessa said...

This is vanessa:
This goes along with Jesus turning the water into wine, we asked why did he do this the reply was, because it was for a wedding. okay....
Anyway this Father (Priest) was driving along, when he is pulled over by a policeman, The policeman comes up to the window and says, uh Father, I clocked you at 80 miles per hour. Have you been drinking? Just water says the priest. And they both look down at the bottle on the floor, the policeman picks it up looks in it and says, Why father, that's wine in there. The Fahter look at it again and says, Damn, he did it again!

dustyperle said...

I am so glad that you gals went down there. I am loving all of the stories and the knowledge that is coming back. It makes me want to learn more. The people that live in this city must know the scriptures so well so that they can actually live it. I am so impressed with these pictures I thought that they were from a church reproduction or something. Way to go grandma.

Rachel said...

I never saw these pictures before very neat.