Friday, June 13, 2008

Masada- Ein Gedi, Qumran,




June 6 Happy Birthday Paris Day 14
Masada-- to reach the Masada Fortress we went by cable cars. I was sick at my stomach and had to stay at the museum but could watch the others. This place was the last group of Jewish freedom fighters against the Romans it was built by King Herod the king of the Jews . It is located in the Desert near the shore of the Dead Sea.Herod ruled from about 27 BCE to 4 BCE. there was 980 men and there wives and children inside the fort. 8000 roman troops camped around the base. The Romans built a large ramp and used a battering ram to knock down the walls. IN the meantime Elezar Benn Yan gave a speech to his people and they said we will die rather than become slaves to the Romans. So they took there own lives. Only 2 women and 5 children lived to tell what had happened. Next it's Ein Gedi where David and Saul confronted each other. It is a stream running thru with large hills on each side and it's easy to see how they could communate with each other as the voices would carry well.

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

Hey, who is that cute chick with her legs and hands sticking up in the air, how does she swim like that, is that a new technique we don't know about here? Is that how Jesus walked on the water, it was really really salty that day, oh wait that wasn't the dead sea he walked on, all I know is after I swam in that water, I have been losing brain cells at an accelerated rate and I think that means I am getting younger every day, Could this possibly be the fountain of youth or am I just getting real stupid, as I cant even remember what day it is, I need my mom!